Things continue to progress nicely. All signs point to the baby being healthy, Holly continues to get rounder and more prone to waddling, and the kicks have started to settle down into a more sedate rolling/stretching kind of motion. Very good. At the last midwives' appointment, I was able to hear Slipper's heartbeat via a wooden thingamawhatsis that might be called a fetuscope. No electronic gadgetry required! Hooray! Also, the midwives said that Slipper has his/her head down now, which is a good thing, as I understand things. As Slipper gets bigger, Slipper's accomodations get smaller, so turning around is less and less of an option, so the sooner we can get the baby pointed the right direction, the better.
I just took a few moments out from writing this to go watch Slipper's stretching antics. And now it looks like Slipper has the hiccups - possibly because I'm playing the Peter Gunn theme, and Slipper got so excited that hiccups were the result. This kid gets the hiccups fairly often - takes after Mommy, I guess.
That's all for now. Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment