Grandma Jan and Grandpa Ken came over for the weekend, and last night, we took Sophie to her first fireworks show. It was Vancouver's Celebration of Light, which featured China, Spain, and Canada. The judges decreed that Canada won, but we all know that Sophie is the only judge that matters, and here were her thoughts. Intro: Sophie slept through it. Spain: Sophie woke up, and stared at the fireworks without moving for the whole ten minutes. We all agreed, it was very engaging! Canada: Sophie stared at a tree. It was good, but if you'd rather stare at a tree, it probably could have been better. China: Sophie slept through it, even though it was pretty good. And the grand finale was excellent, as one might hope it would be, but I think Sophie slept through that, too. In conclusion, I stand by Sophie's judgement, I think Spain did a great job.
In other news, Sophie is more vocal these days, doing more than just the usual jaw-flapping yelling - she's taking care to shape her sounds more carefully, enunciating her "awooglorr" very well. Good job, little one!


No comments:
Post a Comment