With Mommy out at a concert tonight, Sophie and I have been spending quality time together, mainly consisting of Sophie hurting herself. Okay, it was only twice, once where she tried to open a closed door with her two front teeth, and once where she tried to dismantle our couch by means of headbutts. I'm looking forward to the day when she learns to be just a bit careful in how she rockets through this hard and sharp-cornered world of ours.
Aside from checking to make sure she still had all her teeth (she did), we also went for a walk, gave her a bath, had her current favourite food (vegetable turkey casserole), bounced on the couch, tried again to break the radio, laughed at (soft) toys, smacked Daddy around with other (harder) toys, and watched what may have been Trevor Linden's very last NHL game ever. It's hard to say which caused me to well up with tears more, the moving tribute to Linden, or the sudden and unexpected giant wooden puzzle piece to the groin. It was a toss-up.
I've just finished trying to get Sophie settled down for bed. She resists so strongly - there was much wiggling and squirming, instead of the required cuddling, and much shouting at the top of her lungs, instead of the desired relaxing quiet time. And then, as soon as I gave up, and started writing this post, she seems to have dropped off to sleep. The blogosphere has far-reaching influence, it seems.


No comments:
Post a Comment