Monday, September 8, 2008

Aw, baby's first compound word


Sophie and I were walking home, while Holly (Mama) and Kristi (Didi) went to choir, and we passed by a park. There was a soccer game going on, and once Sophie spotted the ball, I told her it was soccer, called football by the rest of the world. She liked the sound of "football" better, so I explained how it was called that because you kick the ball with your foot. I guess I mimed a kick or something, because she started saying "football", but really slowly, as she had to get her foot in the air to do a kick before she'd say "foot", and then have to wait until she got her foot on the ground again before saying "ball". She said it five or six times - we were there ten minutes.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers