While she was napping, Holly and I were rummaging through piles of our junk, looking for stuff to cull. One tacky little trooper that (thanks to my veto power) has survived every round of culling thus far (and there have been many) is my Godzilla mug. It's a cheap plastic mug with Godzilla's dinosaur-like snout protruding out on the opposite side from the handle.
Note that this isn't even the cool Godzilla of Japanese films, this is Godzilla from the 1998 Matthew Broderick bombshell that only managed 26% on Rotten Tomatoes. Everyone in the world hated this movie. I loved it. I saw it in the theatre. I bought the soundtrack. I went so far as to buy the mug. I have taken a lot of heat over liking this movie.
Anyway, the mug was out, sitting on a counter (waiting for a trip to work, so Holly won't have to set eyes on it) when Sophie woke up from her nap. She saw the mug and said, and I quote... "That's pretty cool."
That's my daughter.


2 comments:
again...the brainwashing thing really works.
I object! She had never seen the mug before, and I was way out in the other room. That was all Sophie. :)
Post a Comment