I asked Sophie what she wanted for breakfast the other day, and she asked for fish. "I really like fish," she explained. We compromised on Cheerios, with a second round draft choice of fish for dinner the next day.
We apparently have seagulls trying to get at that same fish dinner tonight, by means of the oven vent. They must be sitting on the top of the vent, calling to each other, because it sounds like they're in our kitchen.
I just got Sophie a couple of plastic hockey stick blades, and we're going to put them on a few of my old broken sticks, so we can practice her slap shot. She's tremendously excited, and is talking all about how we're going to get a puck and shoot the puck to each other and take a shot and get a goal. She just came by and told me "I want some of my hockey stick."
I think we're almost ready to try the big switch to having Sophie sleep in her own room. We've got all the bedding and whatnot, now we just have to try it out and see how she does.
Sophie has a pirate shirt, a souvenir from our trip to Provincetown, on the end of Cape Cod. She seems to enjoy dressing up like a pirate, like Maisy did in one of Sophie's books. Here's a pic to finish off this post. Arrrr...


No comments:
Post a Comment