Monday, September 14, 2009

A Maisy quilt


One day while Sophie and I were reading "Maisy Goes to Bed" by Lucy Cousins, the idea to make Sophie a quilt like Maisy's came into my head. I immediately dumped out my fabric stash and discovered that I had everything I needed to make a doll-sized version of Maisy's patchwork quilt. Sophie helped by choosing pairs of fabric squares for me to sew together. She also enjoyed playing with the string-pieced fabric.


After Sophie went to bed, I finished the quilting.


I think it's a pretty good match with the quilt in the book!


And Sophie loves snuggling under the quilt with her head on a pillow and calling it her "nest"!

1 comment:

Star Weiss said...

I love that quilt! And we love you!! How we're missing Sophie's voice just now!
Playschool sounded terrific.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers