We always put Sophie in her crib in the same position - head toward the window side, in line with the length of the mattress. Whenever I wake up and check on her, she's always in some stage of a slow spin - sometimes up to 90 degrees, so she's sideways in the crib, kicking the side bars. The interesting thing (or what I deem to be interesting in my sleep deprived state) is that she always spins counter-clockwise. This could mean one of a several things:
1. Babies are magnetic, and their heads naturally want to aim north.
2. She's right-handed, and her random arm/leg thrashing is stronger on one side, propelling her in one direction.
3. She's secretly learning breakdancing, starting with the back spin, but is a solely counter-clockwise breaker, severely hampering her breakdancing career options.
4. She's secretly learning breakdancing, starting with the back spin, but is a solely *clockwise* breaker, but I just happen to get up when she's 270-360 degrees around, and am totally incorrect when assuming I know what direction she's spinning. Regardless, her breakdancing career options are severely hampered.
5. Holly's playing tricks on me, getting up while I sleep, and repositioning Sophie.
6. She's trying to tell us that we've aligned her crib incorrectly, possibly due to bad Feng shui.
7. Maybe she's just learning to roll around. (This is the long shot option.)


3 comments:
Deano . . . although my sleep deprivation is coming from a different, much-less cuter source, i do understand the nature of the thoughts that can arise from such a state: 3 huzzahs for great blogging! You have always been clever, but snaps to Sophie for inspiring you to even great heights!
Speaking of sleep deprivation, and before you can say anything, Holly, yes, English is my first language. I even majored in it at college. Really.
I'm sad to say, that I fear my niece may not be an ambi-turner. She simply cannot turn right.
Post a Comment