Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A walk in the park


I took Sophie to Jericho Beach today and we had a lovely time in the sunshine. First, I did my training run (I'm working towards a goal of running the 10km Sun Run in May), then I let Sophie out of the jogging stroller so she could explore. Even though it was sunny, I've learned my lesson and I dressed her in rain boots, rain pants, and a rain jacket. Totally worth it.


She loves puddle jumping. Why do we outgrow puddle jumping? It seems to make everyone happy!


We threw some rocks into the ocean. You might be able to see where this is going.


Minor setback. She was a little upset, but was quickly distracted by another puddle.


Sophie was delighted by the sight of dozens of mallards flying over to visit her and landing with a splash right beneath the bridge. "Quack quack quack quack!" she said to them in duck language (translated, it means: Nice to meet you!)


I just love this kid so much!

2 comments:

Kristi Fuoco said...

No, I love this kid so much! :)And hey, you NEVER get too old for puddle jumping...this is why I bought gum boots! :) Wish I could have been there!

Star Weiss said...

No, I (capital I underlined) love this kid so much!!! And miss her and can't wait to see her in February!!! Great shots, Hol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers